Friday, February 23, 2007

Veggie burgers ~ MBP ~ February 2007 ~ Finger foods


Here is my second entry for Coffee's MBP event. I simply fell in love with this recipe as it has tons of veggies and cracked wheat. Most of the store bought patties have rice (I guess used for binding the veggies together) and mushrooms (I am not a great fan). This recipe is from Anita's blog 'A Mad Tea Party'. I pretty much followed the same recipe. I used wheat buns to go along with the veggie patties. To serve as a starter you can quarter the buns (to get 4 bite-sized pieces). This is a must try recipe.



Veggie patties

Variations to the recipe

I steamed the cabbage and peas. I skipped the beetroots too. I served the burger with tomatoes and onions and garnished with a dash of Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce. Tasted yummy.



Vegetable burgers

16 comments:

swapna susarla said...

Hi Lakshmik
burgers are looking great!!!

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Swapna. They taste delicious too.

USHA said...

Hmmm...Burgers looks good...

Anonymous said...

Burgers Look yummy!

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Usha and Nalini.

Anonymous said...

Happy to see that you tried these easy veggie burgers. The son too had gaven a thumbs down to the 'new' addition of beets,as youmust have read. These don't need to be healthier!

Lakshmik said...

Yes, Anita so true. They still taste delicious without the beets.

Viji said...

Hi Lakshmi, burgers are my favourite too. Nice. Viji

Sia said...

i got confused when i clicked ur url:) u have changed ur template and it looks really good:)
i looove veg burgers but most of the times i end up eating store brought. delicious lakshmi:)

Lakshmik said...

Hi Sia

Yes, I changed the template as I wanted more color in the blog. In the earlier one, I felt the posts were getting neglected. Home-made burgers taste as good as the store bought ones or even better I guess. For me too, this is the first attempt at making a burger at home :)

FH said...

Great looking veggie burgers!

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Asha!

Prema Sundar said...

Hi Lakshmi,
Veggie burgers look great.. they are my husband's favourite. I made vegetable cutlets this week and I kept the cutlets in between the buns and packed for him..they were good too.

TNL said...

I love veggie burgers and fries.....once in a while! The homemade ones look delicious..

Ts

KA said...

Great looking burgers!

Seema Bhat said...

Veggie burger looks great. I love it with chilled soda.