Pasta is delicious anyway you eat it. This is a healthy recipe with a lot of yummy oven roasted veggies. If you want to further cut down the calories substitute with a whole wheat pasta and skip the cheese.
1 pound bow-tie pasta or Farfalle pasta
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 medium sized zucchini
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbps grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt to taste
Olive oil for roasting the vegetables
Pepper to taste
1. Chop all the veggies. Make big pieces of the bell peppers and onions. Chop the zucchini into round pieces.
2. Add olive oil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to the veggies and combine well.
3. Spread on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn the veggies while in the oven to ensure they are well roasted.
4. Once the veggies are roasted set them aside and prepare the pasta.
5. Cook one pound of bow tie pasta according to package instructions. Remember to salt the water before adding the pasta.
6. Pour 1 tsp of olive oil in a pan and add red pepper flakes and garlic.
7. Add the roasted veggies and cooked pasta and toss together.
8. Check for seasonings. You can add more red pepper flakes, pepper or salt to suit your taste.
9. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Serving size - 1 cup
Number of servings - 6