This is a recipe for regular onion pakoras with a spicy twist. I had a few banana peppers in the fridge and wanted to make my Banana Pepper curry. Instead I added it to the onion pakora mix. The result were mildly spiced crispy and yummy pakoras.
Onion - 1 big (thinly slice)
Banana peppers - 5 (thinly slice just like onion)
Besan - 1 cup (add less or more if required)
Rice flour - 1/2 cup (adjust according to besan quantity)
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Chop the onions and banana peppers and set aside in a bowl.
2. Add besan, rice flour and very little water and mix. Do not make it too thick or watery. It should be a dry mixture.
3. Add red chilli powder and salt.
4. Heat the oil and sprinkle the onion besan mixture into the hot oil. Keep turning the pakora so that it cooks evenly and becomes crispy.
5. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. This will hels absorb the excess oil and will keep the pakoras dry and crispy.
6. Serve with ketchup or Sriracha sauce.