Saturday, May 12, 2007

Palak Paneer

This is a recipe I tried out from Seema's blog - Recipe Junction. I must say that this is the most delicious palak paneer I ever had. I may never go back to my earlier method of making a spinach puree for palak paneer. This is my contribution to Nupur's 'P' of Indian vegetables. Thanks Seema for this wonderful and delicious recipe.

Ingredients
1 box of frozen chopped spinach
1 big onion - chopped
1 big tomato - chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3 or 4 green chillies
1 cup paneer - cubed and sautéed until brown
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup half and half

Method
1. Thaw the spinach in the microwave. Pour oil in a pan and sauté until soft. If you are using frozen spinach it's important you use the chopped variety.
2. Fry the onions and tomatoes till tender.
3. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, paprika, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and sauté until well blended.
4. Cool and make a paste of this sautéed mixture.
5. Add oil in a pan and cook this paste till the raw smell disappears.
6. Transfer the reserved spinach, add salt and half and half and let it boil.
7. You can add water if you feel the gravy is thick.
8. Add the paneer pieces and mix well.
9. Serve with roti or pulao.



19 comments:

Viji said...

Looks great Lakshmi. Viji

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Viji. This dish tastes delicious and is very easy to make too.

FH said...

Beautiful.Happy Mother's day to you. Enjoy:))

Nupur said...

Totally delicious! Thanks for participating...the round-up has been posted.

musical said...

Great one, Lakshmi. I love palak-paneer :).

Lakshmik said...

Happy mother's day to you too Asha. Thanks for your wishes.

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Nupur. I know I sent it at the last moment. Glad you could still include it.

Lakshmik said...

Hi Musical

You should try this out. It's delicious.

Anonymous said...

Lakshmi, this looks good. I make it in a different way but the final result looks the same at least in the picture. I use Tofu mostly.

Happy Mother's Day!

Sia said...

beautiful dish lakshmi...we too had same for the weekend:) kind of telepathy i guess:)

Deepa said...

hey lakshmi ...nice one ...

Suganya said...

Palak paneer looks DELISH!...I love it....Its one of my favorite gravy.

Roopa said...

looks delcious lakshmi

Latha said...

Oh Lakshmi, the Palak Paneer looks groovy! Will try this recipe next time :-)

Anonymous said...

great dish...my son loves this and makes it all the time....thanks for sharing

Prema Sundar said...

Good looking one Lakshmi.. would love to try it sometime.

marriedtoadesi.com said...

I LOVE this dish.

Kanchana

Seema Bhat said...

Lakshmi,
I am glad you tried out the recipe and enjoyed it. Try substituting methi instead of palak. That turns out good too.
Hugs
Seema

s. said...

I tried it today! turned out really good
thanks for sharing. I'm goign to add your blog to mine!