Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Updated RCI event list

Here is the updated list for the RCI Event.

2007
May - Andhra Cuisine - Latha from Masala Magic
June - Maharashtrian Cuisine - Nupur from One Hot Stove
July - Punjabi Cuisine - Richa from As Dear As Salt
August - Oriya Cuisine - Swapna from SwadSeptember - Karnataka Cuisine - Asha from Foodie's Hope and Aroma Hope
October - Bihar Cuisine - Sangeeta from Ghar ka Khana
November - Tamil Festival Foods - Viji from VcuisineDecember - Kashmiri Cuisine - Trupti from The Spice who Loved me

2008
January - Kerala Cuisine - Jyothsna from CurrybazaarFebruary - Gujarati Cuisine - Mythili from Vindu
March - Bengali Cuisine - Sandeepa from Bong Mom's Cookbook
April - Rajasthani Cuisine - Paddukotti from Spicy Andhra
May - Konkan Cuisine - Deepa from Recipes n more
June - Andhra Festival Foods - Vani from Batasari
July - Goan Cuisine - Reena from Spices of Kerala

I have a request from bloggers who are posting recipes for RCI - Tamil Cuisine on their blog. Please send me your entries with URL and a photo to veggiecuisine@gmail.com otherwise I will not be able to keep track and post the same for the roundup.

Do mail me at veggiecuisine@gmail.com if you would like to host the event for any month in 2008.

9 comments:

FH said...

Tamil Cuisine again in NOV!!!! I did a extensive post on Tamil Nadu cuisine for you this month.I might skip that!:)

Lakshmik said...

Hi Asha

Do send me your entries. Viji will be hosting Tamil festival foods.

Sowjanya said...

Hi Lakshmi,

First time to see u'r blog. I loved it. waiting to take part next month in the andhra cuisine event. Good work.

Anonymous said...

If there is a Konkani cuisine just two months before Goan cuisine then I will change mine because lots of dishes would be the same and repetitive.

Lakshmi, Can you please edit and make it Gujarati then?

Lakshmik said...

Yes Reena. Let me know if you want to change to some other month or just change the cuisine. Your choice. Email me.

Vanitha said...

Hi,
I just browse through all of ur websites for recipes.Have tried a few of them and they come out really well.I have been trying to make arachivita sambar for long time here but somehow I dont get any smell of the sambar when I make it.So I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how its done along with the pics of the fried ingredients before its ground with coconut.I am not sure if the brand of coconut/tamarind I use is making the difference or if I am not doing it correctly.I use the Tamicon(ready to use tamarind paste) can you also tell me how much of paste i should use for 2 ppm and it should be dissolved in how much water?

Latha said...

Hey Lakshmi,
Just saw your comment today. I was under the impression that I had to writeup the post for the May event on May 1st. Sorry for the confusion. will do it today!
I have been so busy, sorry i did not participate in the Tamil cuisine event! I actually even cooked something and took pictures (Paruppu usili). But have not had time to post about it! Anyway will wait for the wonderful roundup!
Cheers
LAtha

Shubha Ravikoti said...

hey it says september is karnataka cuisine... y u asking to send tamil cuisine... kindly clarify.. iam willing to participate...:)

Shubha Ravikoti said...

oh iam sorry i didnt see asha's post date....:) so this month is karnataka cuisine rt?? and wts the time to submit it?? deadline that it...:D