An interesting twist to the boring old dal recipe. This mouth watering recipe is easy to make and pleases your guests too.
1/2 cup black urad dal
2 tbps red kidney beans (rajma)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 cup fresh cream or half and half
1 tsp red chilli powder
3 tbps butter
2 tomatoes chopped finely
1 onion chopped
1 tbps oil
Salt to taste
1. Soak the black urad dal and rajma overnight in water.
2. Peel and chop the onion.
3. Wash and chop the tomatoes.
4. Pressure cook the soaked dal and rajma in three cups of water with salt and red chilli powder till soft.
5. Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When it crackles, add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Sauté the tomatoes till they become soft. Fry the mixture till the oil leaves the masala.
7. Add the boiled dal and rajma along with salt.
8. Add garam masala powder and simmer on low heat for about 5-10 minutes till everything is well incorporated.
9. Add the fresh cream and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot with roti or naan.
Serving size - 1/2 cup
Number of servings 6-7