Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sweet nothings!

I am back again with a post finally. The last few weeks have been really hectic. Here is my contribution to Coffee's MBP - Something Sweet - for May 2007. Infact, I have not one but a few tried and tested recipes here.



Maple Pecan Cake - This is the best cake I have had in a long time. The best part is that it has maple syrup and no butter at all except for very little vegetable oil. This is truly a big hit. Thanks to Shammi of Food in the main and Taste Goblet for the recipe. Click here and here to view the recipe for maple pecan cake.



Orange Loaf Cake - an amazing cake from my My Rasoi. This cake tastes just like a regular pound cake but does not need one pound of butter. Plus it has a orange taste going on in the background and is simply delicious.






Pecan~Chocolate Chip~Banana~Bread from Baking Bites (formerly Baking Sheet). Click here for the recipe. This bread is fresh and tasty with crunchy pecans and gooey chocolate chips. This bread is a must try along with a steaming cup of coffee.






Eggless Orange Sponge Cake - an easy to make cake from Menu Today. Click here for the recipe.







Banana Payasam from Soumya's blog - The Home Spices. This is a simple yet delicious dessert that will be ready in minutes.

20 comments:

TNL said...

WOW, LK!

Those look delicious, I am very interested in the Maple-Pecan Cake.....I love the blend of those two flavors.

-trupti

FH said...

Whoa!!! Viji,you have to get up at 3am to excercise and digest all of those!!:D
They all look fabulous.Orange cake ,specially.I am trying not to bake anymore,but you keep on coming with more delicious goodies!:))

Coffee said...

LOL! I think Asha is getting confused between Vcuisine and veggie cusine!!!

Lovely entries Lakshmi. :) I agree with trupti, the mapel pecan sounds like a wonderful combo!!!

Thanks for the lovely entries! :)

Sharmi said...

Hey so many cake and bread varieties. loved it. looks amazing. so many sweet treats.

Roopa said...

wow lakshmi, you have a cake galore there. All the entries looks fabulous. Great post!
Coffee you are right Asha is confused? he he....

Lakshmik said...

Hi Trupti

Do try out the cake. It's simply out of this world.

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Asha. Orange cake is yummy. It's the right cake for someone who loves orange flavor.

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Coffee. Probably Asha got confused. Glad you liked the entries.

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Sharmi.

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Roopa.

Suganya said...

I am not a big fan of frosting, so naturally coffee cakes are my favourite ones... Yrs sound inviting..

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Suganya. I don't like too much of frosting on the cake either. I eat these cakes with ice cream and it's delicious.

Vini K said...

Lakshmi,looks like you have been on a baking spree!all look great,I am going to try out the eggless orange cake though the maple pecan cake looks great too.no icing for me either,coffee cakes are the way to go!

Sia said...

wow lakshmi...u r on baking spree and i am enjoying looking at those cakes...what a fab entries:)

Lakshmik said...

Thanks Vini and Sia.

Suganya said...

OMG.....This is really awesome...Excellent cakes…… looks delicious

Seema Bhat said...

Lovely array of sweet dishes here Lakshmi. Now I gotto try out that maple cake.

Prashanth said...

(sigh!) Dream come true for a foodie. Thanks for these beautiful visions.

swapna susarla said...

wow lakshmik
that was womderful

DEEPA said...

this is really yummy and yummy .....cake and payasam ..all tasty one ...must try it out soon ..